Please feel free to openly discuss any of our policies with us. We are here to assist you in any way we can.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, your insurance, or other issues, do call us and let us help you.
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
We are closed for lunch 12:00 to 1:00. We are closed weekends and holidays.
Please contact us by phone at 541-862-AVFM (2836)
If time allows prior to your appointment, download and fill out these forms (just click on the forms needed):
or if you need, we can send them to you.
These forms need to be completed, signed, and brought with you to your first appointment. Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork--UGH! The information you share with us assists us in providing you with the best possible medical care.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT:
Actual pill bottles, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, supplements, and herbs. This will enable us to accurately record what you are taking so we can make sound prescribing decisions.
Any medical records or tests that you would like to be included in your medical chart.
Your insurance information and card. We will scan the insurance card into our system so we can accurately bill your insurance carrier.
Our office is happy to bill your primary insurance carrier for you.
Any co-pays, percentages, or unmet deductibles are due the day of your appointment.
We accept cash, checks and credit/debit cards as well. VISA, MasterCard and Discover. (no American Express at this time.)
PERSONAL INJURY/MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS:
While we will bill your carrier for you, payment for these services is expected at the time of your appointment.
Our billing is done weekly and we will assist you in obtaining reimbursement from your carrier as soon as possible. Any refunds that are due to you will be mailed as soon as we receive them.
We will need:
- the date of your injury
- claim number
- name of your adjuster
- name of your employer at the time of injury
- copy of the 801 form filled out at time of injury
- the carrier's name and address
We do not take worker's compensation cases from other states, or new Worker's Compensation cases that are in litigation.
Our office will make every effort to see you in a timely fashion. If you find you have waited for longer than 15 minutes, please bring this to our attention.
It would be wonderful if all appointments ran exactly on time. In reality, some appointments run shorter and some run longer than planned. For example, you may come in for a sore throat, but your provider might decide you need an evaluation for meningitis. Or, you come in for a headache, but on examination we find you have high blood pressure and diabetes.
Please understand that we know your time is important and if you have to wait due to unexpected circumstances, we will offer to reschedule your appointment. We also want you to know that, even if we are behind schedule, your provider will still take as much time with you as is needed.
RESCHEDULES OR CANCELLATIONS:
We appreciate patients who call us 24 hours in advance to reschedule or cancel appointments. This allows us to give another patient your time slot.
NO-SHOWS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION:
Patients who have three or more recorded no-show appointments without prior notification may be subject to termination.
- Refills: Please contact your pharmacy 24 hours prior to needing medication refills. Your pharmacy will then contact us. This gives us enough time to ask your provider for approval.
- We do not refill medications after hours or on weekends.
- Lost, stolen, or misplaced pain medications cannot be refilled. It is unfortunate that the actions of a few influence all of us. It is important that you take responsibility for your prescribed medications.
- If you feel any emergency is a threat to life or limb, immediately call 911 or go directly to the emergency room.
- After hours or on weekends, for urgent medical issues that cannot wait until regular office hours, call our office and follow the directions on the answering machine. One of our providers will return your call as soon as possible. If your call is during normal office hours, a staff member will assist you.
- Please note that if you have Call Blocking (for calls that do not show a caller ID) you must disable this Call Blocking function if you expect the provider to return your call.
©2004 - Applegate Valley Family Medicine, LLC. All Rights Reserved.